Solicitation For Board Candidates 2021/2022
The Mid-America Chamber of Commerce is soliciting candidates for the upcoming Board-of-Directors election. The terms are three-years and begin on September 1 , 2021.
Applications are open to any member in good standing. To be considered, applications must be received by May 31st, 2021.
The Nominations Committee is looking to enhance our board of directors with the right mix of talents, experiences and skill sets that will allow the chamber to continue both its mission and its goal of building a sustainable organization.
The Chamber’s Mission
The Mid-America LGBT Chamber of Commerce is an organization that advocates, promotes and facilitates the success of the LGBT business community and their allies through the guiding principles of equality, inclusion, economics and education. The Chamber's purpose is to create, identify and enhance business opportunities for LGBT and LGBT-friendly organizations, thereby fostering a more inclusive and vibrant economy in Kansas City and the Mid-America region.
We invite talented individuals, passionate about the Mid-America LGBT Chamber of Commerce and our work to help us advance our mission. In addition to a diverse mix of skills, experience and perspectives, the Chamber seeks board members with the following attributes. They….
- are compelled by the chamber’s mission
- are big thinkers that inspire others to think big
- have an inner intensity and drive to make the chamber excel
- are modest, humble and self-effacing
- lead by example
- see the challenges coming
- are forthright enough to address the challenges head-on
- are resilient in the face of uncomfortable and hard barriers between the chamber and greatness
- are engaged enough – and confident enough — to debate vigorously
Sound Like You?
Please submit your application here. Questions about the nominations process or application can be submitted to email@example.com.