KANSAS CITY - The Mid-America LGBT Chamber of Commerce partnered with the Missouri Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at UMKC to offer an exclusive Mid-America LGBT Chamber member only discounts for ElevationLab training courses.
The partnership will provide top-notch training resources for both new and experienced businesses and entrepreneurs. The MO SBDC at UMKC now offers Mid-America LGBT Chamber members a 25% discount to stand-alone and multi-session courses based on business formation, growth, and entrepreneurship.
Suzanne Wheeler, Executive Director of the Chamber, notes, "This innovative partnership with the Small Business Development Center exclusively offers our members an opportunity elevate their businesses. We are currently the only Chamber in the Metro offering this discount. We're thankful to the SBDC for recognizing the value in our member businesses and giving them resources to grow."
Stand-alone courses offered are:
- Social Media Road Map for Business
- Reading and Understanding Financial Statements
- Pitching to Investors
- Winning Federal Research Grants: SBIR / STTR Workshop
- First Steps to Starting a Business
- Basics of Writing a Business Plan
Multi-session courses offered are:
- NEW Venture: A five-week course for those that dream of owning their own business or those that have been in business for less than two years.
- TECH Venture: A multi-session course for those interested in starting a tech or science-based business.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset Training: Learn the eight essentials of thinking like an entrepreneur.
In addition to the 25% discount, Chamber members can apply for scholarships for the three above-mentioned multi-session courses.
Chamber members who wish to apply for these discounts can access the application information by logging into their member information center and clicking on the member to member deals tab on the page's left-hand side. They can also contact the Chamber for help with accessing these deals at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about the Missouri Small Business Development Center at UMKC, you can visit their website.